Try Assistive Technology
GSAT provides opportunities for “guided exploration” of a specific device or category of devices. For example, if you’re not sure what a particular reading machine does, or if you’re not familiar with the differences between various amplified telephones, you may request a demonstration and select the device you’d like to learn more about.
Who Can Get a Demonstration?
Device demonstrations are available to people with disabilities and their families, as well as providers of education, health and related services and faculty responsible for teaching tomorrow’s providers, and will:
- Increase your understanding of the types of devices that can help you with a specific need, such as talking on the telephone or reading your mail
- Improve your knowledge of a device’s features, and how those features differ from other devices that perform the same thing, such as the difference between two personal listening devices
- Increase your understanding of how device(s) can help you at work, in school, at home and in your neighborhood
How Do I Request a Demonstration?
Requests for a demonstration can be made by calling GSAT staff at 735-2490 (v), 735 -2491 (v and TTY), or use the form below to send us a message. A mutually convenient time for the demonstration will be set.
GSAT’s Assistive Technology Lending Library is a free service that loans assistive technology devices to people with disabilities. It’s available to residents of Guam of all ages and disabilities. Try and test any device available at the center. Devices can be taken home, to school, or even to the work place for a 30-day period – FREE of charge!
How do I borrow devices from Guam’s Assistive Technology Lending Library?
- You can browse our online Equipment Catalog, make note of the device(s) you are interested in, and then give us a call at 735-2490/1 to schedule a time to pick it up.
- Call the GSAT office to schedule a convenient time for both you and the GSAT staff to demonstrate the device(s) you would like to borrow, and then come to the GSAT office at the date and time of your appointment. Contact GSAT
- When it is time to return the device(s) to GSAT, make sure you have all the accessories that were included (i.e. power cords, manuals, earphones). You will be responsible for ANY items that are not returned. Remember that incomplete returns mean delays for residents of Guam with disabilities waiting to borrow the items!